Why become a member? ×

Ubiquity of tiny microphones!

danlea

Someone filmed bits of our gig on Tuesday and posted to Facebook. I've posted a couple of them to the (as yet completely unpromoted) [url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/redbluegreen/52653877318"]redbluegreen Facebook page[/url] as they do serve a purpose, but isn't it a shame how much bass is lost (I'm generally pretty inaudible, but then again so is the keyboard half the time)! This is of course inevitable for many reasons, but more annoying is the acceptance of the masses that this kind of audio quality is perfectly acceptable, even the norm, what with all the tiny microphones and speakers in people's pockets.

i can just barely make out the bass -- with those built in camera mics, you're lucky the whole audio track wasn't distorting as is the norm, seemingly. they're not really designed for that though, in fairness.

if you can get something like a zoom H2, and used that to record the audio then match it up to the video later, i think you might be quite impressed with the results.

it annoys me more when people (musicians even!) don't set the levels right in recordings and broadcasts and the audio distorts horribly -- grrr! recently had what would have undoubtedly been an amazing live performance to watch over the internet completely ruined for me by poor technical setup.