Why become a member? ×

K&K "Pure" Pickup for Acoustic Bass

I bough this to fit in my tenor guitar, but I've decided to use a Fishman Rare Earth instead so this is now surplus to requirements. It comes new and unused in the original wrapping and box.

The illustrations are from the K&K website and show the pickup with three discs, for a regular 6 string guitar. I'm selling the [b]two disc[/b] version, so only suitable for four stringed instruments such as tenor guitar, 4 string acoustic bass, bouzouki etc.

The pickup is a passive system, with the two pickup discs, volume control and endpin jack. It is a transducer system only and does not need a battery or on-board electronics. If you search the internet you will find many satisfied guitarists and makers who use these pickups; they sound full and rich and have sufficient output to drive most amps without the need for an additional preamp. Direct installation of the discs under the bridgeplate with superglue is required for optimum performance, although double sided tape (supplied) can be used as an alternative.

You can read more about these pickups [url="http://www.kksound.com/purewestern.html"]here[/url].

US RRP is $172, I'm looking for [b]£90 posted[/b] but am willing to haggle!