Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE :5E3 style valve amp project plus Fender enclosure

[size=3]Hello Everyone,

A project I know i'll never finish- been sat in the workshop for nearlly a year already, Ideal project for someone to complete

----------------------------------
[b][size=4]
For sale: 5E3 style valve amp project + Fender enclosure [/size][/b]

It’s basically an old Fender sidekick 60 enclosure + an old valve amp in bits ready for building and re-assembly / grafting into the enclosure.

There are the majority of items required to complete a 5E3 style amp with a few more components and a speaker necessary.

[b]
***Disclaimer: This is a project and requires a suitably qualified/experienced/competent individual to complete as lethal voltages exist***[/b]

[u]Valve amp and chassis 350Wx50Hx140D[/u]

-4 tube sockets and voltage selector switch

-Power Transformer
-Output transformer
-Choke

-X2 Brimar 6V6GT
-X1 Brimar 5Z4G rectifier
-X1 Osram L63

-Components (as seen)= Various Hunts capacitors and resistors, fuse holders x2 switches, a 1M pot, a Tube socket and a Vintage bulb holder.

[u]
Fender sidekick 60 enclosure (600H x 475Wx275D) [/u]

-Solid enclosure rips in tolex

-Back completely removed for amp transplant.

-Steel Chassis 430Wx170Dx90H

-6 corner protectors

-Fender removable grill and grill badge

-Fender handle

-4 Fender feet

-Baffle board: cut outs for 4”, 12” speakers and 3” port

[size=4]Would like around £50 ono? to cover the money I spent on the bits?[/size]

Send me a PM for offers, trades ,questions and queries etc...

Cheers Neil
(Ideally collection from Bristol) [/size]

• 4 months later...

[quote name='orangepeelneil' post='508551' date='Jun 8 2009, 08:59 PM'][size=3]Hello Everyone,

A project I know i'll never finish- been sat in the workshop for nearlly a year already, Ideal project for someone to complete

[b][size=4]

It’s basically an old Fender sidekick 60 enclosure + an old valve amp in bits ready for building and re-assembly / grafting into the enclosure.

There are the majority of items required to complete a 5E3 style amp with a few more components and a speaker necessary.

[b]
***Disclaimer: This is a project and requires a suitably qualified/experienced/competent individual to complete as lethal voltages exist***[/b]

-Power Transformer
-Output transformer
-Choke

-X2 Brimar 6V6GT
-X1 Osram L63

-Components (as seen)= Various Hunts capacitors and resistors, fuse holders x2 switches, a 1M pot, a Tube socket and a Vintage bulb holder.

[u]

-6 corner protectors

-Fender handle

-4 Fender feet

[size=4]Would like around £50 ono? to cover the money I spent on the bits?[/size]

Cheers Neil
(Ideally collection from Bristol) [/size][/quote]

[quote name='orangepeelneil' post='508551' date='Jun 8 2009, 07:59 PM'][size=3]Hello Everyone,

[b][size=4]

[b]

-Power Transformer
-Output transformer
-Choke

-X2 Brimar 6V6GT
-X1 Osram L63

[u]

-6 corner protectors

-Fender handle

-4 Fender feet

Cheers Neil

just thinkin out loud, would you be willing to split the amp and the enclosure? logistically don't have the room for the enclosure, but i've been jamming with a guitarist who has a music room in his accomodation with some old school cabs going spare and nothing to power them with...

we've got two engineers, a physicist, an applied mathematician and a med student in the band - i wonder if we could knock something out of that valve amp.

not sure if i'd wanna spend the cash anyway tbh, i should be saving up for the blackie 79 strat on denmark street, but i might be swayed. let me know what you think about splitting!

[quote name='orangepeelneil' post='508551' date='Jun 8 2009, 08:59 PM'][size=3]Hello Everyone,

[b][size=4]

[b]

-Power Transformer
-Output transformer
-Choke

-X2 Brimar 6V6GT
-X1 Osram L63

[u]

-6 corner protectors

-Fender handle

-4 Fender feet

Cheers Neil
ey up dude sent you a message, wondering if you could link to the schematic you were intending to use with the l63 valve?

ta, michael