Why become a member? ×

first project yay:)

harlowbassplayer

I got my paint from [url="http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/"]Manchester Guitar Tech[/url] for 15 quid a can and 5 quid for P&P per overall order. Havn't used it yet but should do in the next few day's and i will let you know how it is. Some nice colours but not a massive choice, I'm going for daphne blue. Good luck with your project.

[quote name='Metalmoore' post='506021' date='Jun 5 2009, 01:09 AM']I got my paint from [url="http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/"]Manchester Guitar Tech[/url] for 15 quid a can and 5 quid for P&P per overall order. Havn't used it yet but should do in the next few day's and i will let you know how it is. Some nice colours but not a massive choice, I'm going for daphne blue. Good luck with your project.[/quote]

daphne blue that a great colour i was goin to do my bass in sonic blue with a black pickguard let me no how yours turns out gd luck with ur project too

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='505999' date='Jun 5 2009, 12:22 AM']:rolleyes: hello fellow basschatters
i need alot of help with my project bass i need to know what paint i can use
and how to basic make it looking like a brand new bass i was goin for an black bodie with an whiteburst around it.

:)[/quote]

Start with a simple paintjob eh? A reverse burst is very difficult to look good... good luck.

Pics of course!!

nice, i still gotta sand my body. no time to get to b&q or homebase to get the paper. will have my neck and bridge tomorrow so i will be drilling the bridge-control cavity hole then attaching the bridge in the correct place and hopefully soon get the body treated and painted. Cant wait to see your pics

[quote name='Metalmoore' post='510659' date='Jun 10 2009, 09:24 PM']nice, i still gotta sand my body. no time to get to b&q or homebase to get the paper. will have my neck and bridge tomorrow so i will be drilling the bridge-control cavity hole then attaching the bridge in the correct place and hopefully soon get the body treated and painted. Cant wait to see your pics[/quote]

they will be up hoply tomorrow seems like u gotta abit of work to do :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Metalmoore' post='531837' date='Jul 3 2009, 04:58 PM']Any updates? mine is still going very slow...[/quote]

sup dude
sadly i nearly finish but i kindy put tooooooo much clear coat on lol so i need to lightly sand it but over all from far far far away it look great like sex pistols bass :) how your looking

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...