Why become a member? ×

Amp in the sunshine

ZMech

I currently have my room arranged so that my bass amp and cab are in front of the window, which is south facing. This means they're in direct sunlight and so the cab (Ashdown superfly if it matters) gets quite hot.

I was told that having my bass in the sun is bad due to the heat mucking about the wood, but should i have my amp in the shade as well?

Personally I keep it all out of the sunlight. Unless you have a blind or curtain, it will fae the colour...ive seen it happen to other people.

Even my cables and stuff are kept out of sunlight. Im over protective though.

If its getting warm, id move it...If you cant, get it cover on it. :)

thought I'd do the clever thing and google this question. ended up with [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546799"]this[/url] thread from talkbass. Of course, they don't reach a final conclusion, but I've now moved the amp into the shady part of my room just incase.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Zach' post='501769' date='May 30 2009, 04:59 PM']thought I'd do the clever thing and google this question. ended up with [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546799"]this[/url] thread from talkbass. Of course, they don't reach a final conclusion, but I've now moved the amp into the shady part of my room just incase.[/quote]

I'm banned from TB, did they argue for 30 pages then talk about how good Jaquouo QIIXI is?