Why become a member? ×

Strymon Cloudburst

Linus27

Has anyone got or used a Strymon Cloudburst? I love my reverb and ambient effects and just wondering if anyone here has used one and what their thoughts are on it with bass.

26 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

there's a lot of chat on the "reverb on bass" thread on talk bass from the last few days

Excellent, thank you very much. I'll head on over to the dark side and have a read :)

So it looks like I'm now moving away from the Cloudburst and heading towards the Walrus Slo which looks amazing. The EQD Avalanche Run also looks like a great pedal.

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

What kind of reverb sound are you wanting to have?

More ambient sort of sounds, pads, long sustain notes, that sort of thing. Nothing weird of whacky but ambient, soundscape sort of effects where you might hit a single note or the last note of the song and it does a nice ambient swell etc.

I recently sold a Big Sky.

That should do everything you want.

Prices have dropped, thanks to the introduction of the Big Sky MX

Just a thought....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

More ambient sort of sounds, pads, long sustain notes, that sort of thing. Nothing weird of whacky but ambient, soundscape sort of effects where you might hit a single note or the last note of the song and it does a nice ambient swell etc.

I have been mucking around with a Zoom MS70cdr which is a cheap way to play around with it. Using it in a loop as it's simpler to bypass that way. But you can chain delays and reverb (and mods and filters and drives etc) together. 
Then last week I picked up an Eventide H9 at a decent which sound wise is maybe only 10% better and can only do one effect at a time. I was actually quite shocked how close the Zoom gets tbh. If you're looking for a cheap way to start playing with Reverbs the zoom is really recommended. (and I would say that even if I going to be moving mine on!)

2 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

I have been mucking around with a Zoom MS70cdr which is a cheap way to play around with it. Using it in a loop as it's simpler to bypass that way. But you can chain delays and reverb (and mods and filters and drives etc) together. 
Then last week I picked up an Eventide H9 at a decent which sound wise is maybe only 10% better and can only do one effect at a time. I was actually quite shocked how close the Zoom gets tbh. If you're looking for a cheap way to start playing with Reverbs the zoom is really recommended. (and I would say that even if I going to be moving mine on!)

This is exactly what I've been doing. I have an MS-60B and updated the firmware to include the sounds from the 50 and 70 to create to nice ambient patches. Now I kind of know what I'm after, I'm going use the Zoom for a few patches, my Mooer Ambient A7 for a few other things but mainly the basic reverb and then get something like the Cloudburst or Slo as another dedicated ambient effects pedal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was looking at the cloudburst and slo last week as I’m after something that can do the ambient thing. The slo in particular interests me. I love Walrus Audio as a brand. I really enjoyed their ARP-87 and was keen to pick up the slo. 

But I’ve just managed to find a used UAE Del-verb at a decent price so decided to give that a go first. Just waiting on delivery :)

Edited by JD69EYES

8 hours ago, JD69EYES said:

I was looking at the cloudburst and slo last week as I’m after something that can do the ambient thing. The slo in particular interests me. I love Walrus Audio as a brand. I really enjoyed their ARP-87 and was keen to pick up the slo. 

But I’ve just managed to find a used UAE Del-verb at a decent price so decided to give that a go first. Just waiting on delivery :)

That sounds great, please keep me posted on how you get on with it.

• Like 1