Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending, Squier Walnt Jazz, 2005

cd_david

Hello

Thinning out the crowd. Got this good condition Walnut Jazz up for lets say £120 ono without case and preferably collection but i could supply budget gig bag and discuss postage.

Its in good condition with a full set of new nickel and chrome screws courtacy of the bass doc. It has been cleaned, set up and lemon oiled and is ready to go.Has a couple of dings, one on neck one on body but dont effect playability.

Great starter bass or an upgrade project.

Plays well sounds great.

Will put up pics asap

No trades thanks but if interested get in touch, Cheers Dave

From Fender;

Superb Jazz Bass with playability, versatility and tone, at an incredible price
Agathis Body
Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish) Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard, 9.5 inches radius (241mm)
20 medium-jumbo frets
2 Single-Coil Jazz Bass Pickups (Mid & Bridge)
Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup) and Master Tone controls
Standard 4-Saddle Bridge
Standard Open-Gear Tuners - machine heads
Chrome Hardware
3-Ply Black Pickguard
34 inches (864 mm) Scale Length
1.500 inches (38 mm) Width at Nut
Unique features include: Knurled Chrome Dome Control Knobs, Dot Position Inlays

Edited by cd_david

I live on the coast near Newcastle and work in the city centre so can meet anywhere near or around.
Dont know if you remember but i bought your fretless 6 from you? caught the train down to York for the day, I think the ticket was about £12.

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='cd_david' post='493051' date='May 20 2009, 10:19 AM']I live on the coast near Newcastle and work in the city centre so can meet anywhere near or around.
Dont know if you remember but i bought your fretless 6 from you? caught the train down to York for the day, I think the ticket was about £12.[/quote]

Oh hi! How's that bass working out? I was just glad to get shut of it.

I'll have to have a think about this, I've been thinking about getting a cheap Jazz for my ska band (so I can stop using my Thumb and finally put some fresh strings on the poor thing).

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='493283' date='May 20 2009, 02:09 PM']Oh hi! How's that bass working out? I was just glad to get shut of it.

I'll have to have a think about this, I've been thinking about getting a cheap Jazz for my ska band (so I can stop using my Thumb and finally put some fresh strings on the poor thing).[/quote]

These are very nice.
It wont feel like your Thumb but they don't feel cheap either.
Pickups are good, not great but good but easy to upgrade.
Solid finish too.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='493283' date='May 20 2009, 02:09 PM']Oh hi! How's that bass working out? I was just glad to get shut of it.

I'll have to have a think about this, I've been thinking about getting a cheap Jazz for my ska band (so I can stop using my Thumb and finally put some fresh strings on the poor thing).[/quote]

These are very nice.
It wont feel like your Thumb (obviously) but they don't feel cheap either.
Solid finish too.

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='493582' date='May 20 2009, 06:43 PM']These are very nice.
It wont feel like your Thumb (obviously) but they don't feel cheap either.
Solid finish too.[/quote]

Cheers for the info. I'm not really after a Thumb-a-like, although surprisingly the Thumb's doing a sterling job on the ska gig sound-wise but it doesn't look the part. This would.

Just ran it by the girlfriend - it's apparently pretty enough to live in our house and it's cheap enough for me to still buy her stuff, which are her only criteria. I'm just trying to figure out if/when I'd be able to get up to the toon to collect it, really. Work and bands are eating all my time at the mo...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='493596' date='May 20 2009, 06:59 PM']Work and bands are eating all my time at the mo...[/quote]

Same here man, same here.
For a Ska looker you really can't beat this then. Plus being Ska I doubt anyone would care about the name...nor do I if it sounds good. :)