Why become a member? ×

Feeler - Zeller/Stentor double bass

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

I'm just testing the waters with this as I am currently gigging with this bass (as pictured in my Avatar) and it seems I may have to raise more funds than I thought to get a foot on the first rung of the fully carved basses ladder

Ok my zeller has a carved top, has an ebony fingerboard and tailpiece and comes with a Fishman double pickup, it's a great sounding bass, it has a couple of dings on the edges as is inevitable with a gigging bass but no cracks etc, it's otherwise fresh looking and I guess less than ten years old, I will include a black leather bow quiver and a new French pattern bow and rosin. Recently had a new Spike and assembly fitted by Footes of London and had some bridge work at Bridgewood and Neitzert to lower the action

I am looking for £800 ovno

Edited by subaudio

Sounds like a good 'un.. my first double was the same model, which lasted me the 3 1/2 years it took me to acquire the bottle to get, as Subaudio says, on the fully carved ladder.
What strings do you have on this? Mine worked really well with Spirocore, Dominant (sold it with those on) and Corelli.
All the best with the sale and purchase!

Guest subaudio

[quote name='hubrad' post='492541' date='May 19 2009, 05:44 PM']Sounds like a good 'un.. my first double was the same model, which lasted me the 3 1/2 years it took me to acquire the bottle to get, as Subaudio says, on the fully carved ladder.
What strings do you have on this? Mine worked really well with Spirocore, Dominant (sold it with those on) and Corelli.
All the best with the sale and purchase![/quote]

Hiya mate

Thanks for that

Yep it's a very good solid gigging bass, have had great sounds in the studio too.

It has Spirochores on at the momment, I havent stepped into mixed sets yet but like the idea.

I was all set to buy a new carved bass for more than twice the new cost of my bass, it was undoubtedly a wonderfull instrument but I wasnt convinced it was that amount of money better than the Zeller, so I need some more dosh it seems, it's a pricey game isnt it !

Guest subaudio

[quote name='StanRobinson' post='493194' date='May 20 2009, 12:47 PM']A couple of questions,
What size is she?
Would your price include a case of any kind?

All the best,
SR[/quote]

Hi

Yes good question, she (Beth) is a 3/4 size

the price dosent include a case but I will throw in the very tatty padded gig bag I am using with it at the momment, I havent included this in the main post as it does need to be renewed.

Guest subaudio

[quote name='Forcemaster' post='494774' date='May 21 2009, 11:24 PM']If someone would buy my P/J fender i'd have this, and i'd love it.[/quote]

Hi Mate

Good luck with the sale then :)

Give me a shout whenever your ready.