Why become a member? ×

Tesmart Four (three really) 4k hdmi port kvm

rwillett

This works perfectly well as a three port 4k kvm. One of the usb ports doesn’t work, port 4 from memory. All of the other ports 1-3, hdmi and usb, work fine.

it’s red and looks like this 

image.thumb.jpeg.9dd6357275221adf456ca8f0a604cebd.jpeg

https://amzn.eu/d/dYVJHdU

It has the correct PSU but I have reused the cables on the nice new KVM I brought to replace it.

it supports keyboard switching, so scroll lock-scroll lock-<number>, so you don’t take your hands off the keyboard. You can also use the front panel.

I ran it on a 1920x1200 monitor as well as 1920x1080. It’s a good unit but I needed four ports and brought the upmarket four ports, two monitor version. Just plug it in and off you go.  No software needed. Works on macs, though scroll lock isn’t on a Mac keyboard, so you can’t use a Mac keyboard to change monitors but the front panel buttons work fine, Windows, Linux and Raspberry Pi’s.

ill post for cost, probably around £6-£8 or you can pick up for free from the NW and Scotland Bass Bash in Clapham, North Yorkshire.

yes I have two KVM’s in the recycling section 😁

thanks

rob

Edited by rwillett