Why become a member? ×

**REDUCED £800** - Custom Cocobolo Waghorn Sauria 4 string bass - *SOLD*
£1000
Sheffield

Devers95

Reduced to £800. Going no lower. Cheers.

Next up in my 'help fix my house' sale is my long loved Custom Waghorn Sauria Bass. 

A lesser known but incredible luthier, Tom Waghorn built this for me 10 years ago. It features the following: 

Maple and wenge neck-thru, cocobolo capped Swamp ash body wings, plus walnut veneers. Cocobolo fingerboard, Delano P/J/humbucker pickups, Seymour Duncan 3 band active preamp. A side a few expexted light scratches on the back from 10 years of use its completely undinged/unmarked elsewhere. It has been well looked after.

I *think* the radius is your standard 9.5 but it may be a bit flatter as it feels way faster to play but that may just be me. 

It cost me £2000 10 years ago. Tom's waitlist is a couple of years now and this would run £3000+. As far as build quality goes it's second-to-none. A lot of sentimental value with this bass but I think my price is sensible. 

Weight is 4.1kg.

Its original hixcox case is broken and gone but it now lives in a Fender hardcase which is included. Happy to ship if buyer arranges currier.

Any Qs give me a shout! Cheers.

20240401_173312.jpg

20240401_173317.jpg

20240401_173347.jpg

20240401_173355.jpg

20240401_173421.jpg

20240401_173425.jpg

Edited by Devers95
Sold
  • Like 10

I know Tom and the guys in his shop. He’s one of the UK’s leading luthiers and is a truly lovely chap. 

I have no doubts that this is an amazing bass. Good luck with the sale.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

I know Tom and the guys in his shop. He’s one of the UK’s leading luthiers and is a truly lovely chap. 

I have no doubts that this is an amazing bass. Good luck with the sale.

Cheers! 

Totally. Tom's build quality and attention to detail is fantastic. Stands against my Fodera easily. I dont know how but the tone is super nice, really musical sounding. It was originally passive but I had Tom install a preamp a couple of years ago.

• Devers95 changed the title to **REDUCED £800** - Custom Cocobolo Waghorn Sauria 4 string bass
49 minutes ago, Grooverjr said:

Looks like a great bass for that money! What's the neck profile and the nut width?

Cheers! Its based on a Precision neck, 9.5 radius and a 43mm nut width if I remember correctly. Can always check tomorrow as Im away tonight. 

23 hours ago, Devers95 said:

Cheers! Its based on a Precision neck, 9.5 radius and a 43mm nut width if I remember correctly. Can always check tomorrow as Im away tonight. 

Oof! I was hoping you'd say it was skinny so I could stop drooling over it. 

16 minutes ago, Grooverjr said:

Oof! I was hoping you'd say it was skinny so I could stop drooling over it. 

Haha, I wanted it modelled on my P bass at the time but with 24 frets. It feels great. 

If I hadn't been hit with a completely unexpected bill for almost exactly 800 quid this morning I'd have been beating a path to your door for this. Good luck with the sale - someone is going to get a fantastic and unique bass!

• Devers95 changed the title to *SOLD*- Custom Cocobolo Waghorn Sauria 4 string bass