Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Jake L 4p (PJ), reduced to £750 - *SOLD*
£800
Edinburgh

dmckee

I’ve had this bass for around 5 years now I think. It’s a cracker so it’s a very reluctant sale…. Just the usual GAS attack that I may regret later….

I’m told it was one of the first Maruszczyks to come into the UK, in 2015, and originally belonged to @wateroftyne. You can read its origin story here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/263423-nbd-maruszczyk-jake-pj-fender-sandberg-lakland-killer/

It’s very well made, very light – chambered body, around 7.5lbs – and balances perfectly. Since I bought it, I’ve replaced the pickups with a DiMarzio Model P + J set, changed the bridge to a Hipshot KickAss, and fitted Dunlop strap locks.  

It’s an alder body with flame maple top, cool block inlays, cream binding, USA Hipshot Ultralite tuners, and a neck profile based on a 1971 Precision bass. Controls are master volume, master tone, and a 3 way pickup selector (the change from 2 volumes was done by a previous owner). I think a new Maruszczyk with this spec would be over £1500 now?

In term of condition, I would say it’s very good. it’s got the light surface marks you’d expect for a bass of this age, and there’s one tiny ding on the neck, again by previous owner, on the treble side of the neck around the 9th fret that I’ve tried to show in 1 pic. (I’m very picky about stuff like this but I have never ever noticed it while playing, due to its location).

Not really interested in trades – I have my eye on a couple of specific things – unless it was part-ex for a G&L CLF L1000, maybe a JMJ Mustang, or maybe a nice unlined fretless. 

Local pickup in Edinburgh preferred, but can meet halfway within reason, or ship at your expense if necessary.

Edited by dmckee
Updated weight
  • Like 15

• dmckee changed the title to Maruszczyk Jake L 4p (PJ), reduced to £750
  • dmckee changed the title to *SOLD* Maruszczyk Jake L 4p (PJ), reduced to £750