Why become a member? ×

Touring Collective seeking Pro Upright Bassist(s) - $$$$

Hi All, 

I’m currently on the hunt for one (or more?!) bassists to join our collective of musicians at Trawlermen Creative LTD. “The Trawlermen” are a high energy, musically driven folk trio performing predominantly on some of the world’s largest cruise lines including Princess Cruises, NCL, Celebrity Cruises, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas. With a pool of talented musicians brought together, supplied with all necessary equipment (yep, including a travel upright bass), there is plenty of international travel and performing for the right player! 

Band Socials/Details 

IG/Facebook - @trawlermenofficial

Website - Www.thetrawlermen.com

As you will see from the above, this is an opportunity for the right musicians to join us as we expand our lineups through ‘24->’25. The current ‘dates list’ posted on our website is partial, and will be updated in the next couple of weeks - with several months more contracts confirmed and additional dates coming in regularly. These newly posted dates will include confirmed bookings that will be offered to successful candidate(s).

Additionally, there is a private showcase in June - that will include all members of the collective. A very rare opportunity for bookers from every major cruise line to come and see what can be offered and an opportunity to expand even further on our current booking roster and provide more work for everyone involved. 

Contracts are usually between 4-7 days, however there are some longer contracts (circa 30 days) which are on offer and can be discussed through application. 

Pay is $1600 p/w, (longer contracts pro-rated) all travel covered. Further details upon application. 

ABOUT THE PLAYER: 

So, what are we looking for? 

Minimum travel requirements: 

Valid Passport with 6 months minimum left before expiry

C1D Visa (desirable but NOT essential)

Currently this position has been developed by myself and does carry several responsibilities that, ideally, would be covered by you - however this can be discussed upon application. 

Upright Bass proficiency; Professional

This gig requires a solid and firm understanding of both pizz (bluegrass and traditional) as well as confident arco technique. The music is all charted and arranged, off-book for the gig, however there are small improvisational sections as well as a couple of feature moments within the shows where your creativity can fly. 

Vocal Proficiency; confident and experienced (vocal range flexible) 

Vocals are a predominant part of this role, you will need to be comfortable holding melodic BV lines as well as some, relatively simple, small lead parts. Vocal range is flexible, we have a “high” and “low” BV for each track which can be spread around, depending on the musician. 

Extra responsibilities;

The gig does hold some extra responsibilities that the ideal musician(s) will embrace fully and develop over time -  the most predominant of which is Foot Percussion. 

Alongside, playing and singing - the IDEAL candidate(s) will take on this next challenge and develop it with their involvement in the show. The shows are clicked with small percussion elements on track (shaker etc) however, currently I also play Kick Drum and Tamborine/rhythm trigger with my feet live. A knowledge and confidence in keeping a band together not only harmonically, but rhythmically as well presents its own list of challenges - but once everything is together, it lends to becoming an extremely rewarding gig. 

The show is also run through a digital stage system before going to FOH, a knowledge or understanding of technical set up is advantageous. A further additional responsibility will cover triggering the Click, but again - this can be discussed upon application. 

As previously mentioned, a Chadwick folding upright bass will be provided for touring. As well as a dedicated Helix Stomp unit with all presets for the show saved, a touring IEM rack that supplies all mixes (must provide own headphones), and all other relevant equipment.

This is a great gig for the right musician(s). With an ever expanding date sheet and opportunities to perform with some excellent musicians across the world, I urge anyone with any questions/applications to get in touch as soon as possible! 

Please reach out with a short cover letter, CV and some links to you playing. In return I will send some demo material for prep and first round of distance submission.

In person auditions will be held within the next 6 weeks.

Confirmed contracts on offer beginning Sept’ 24

Feel free to DM here or drop me an email on [email protected]

Thanks, 

Dara

Edited by stewartmusic
  • Like 2