Why become a member? ×

LFSys Silverstone £450 - *SOLD*
£450
Chard Somerset

This is an incredibly high quality, lightweight FRFR speaker and is as far as I know the first used LFSys speaker to come up for sale. I'm only selling my Silverstone because it is geting no use; none of my current bands use back line and I also own an LFSys Monaco. The Silverstone has a warmer tone and I marginally prefer the leaner sound of the Monaco so the Silverstone has only been used at a couple of gigs and rehearsals. It is in nearly new condition. This cab has a top hat fitted for PA use and was once part of a pair specially modified by LFSys as emergency PA speakers. Honestly I was never going to need a pair, these things are loud enough for any band on their own. I'm happy to remove the top hat and fill the hole if you prefer. I've put up a picture from LFSys as a place holder and I'll put up more pics of the actual cab later this week.

For those who don't know LFSys use a high quality, long throw bass driver with a magnet which would have to be massively heavy if it weren't made of Neodymium alloy. Neo magnets allow the use of a longer coil with high efficiency but without the penalty of a super heavy cab. The horn driver is of PA quality and much better than anything used in the vast majority of bass cabs. The horn itself is larger than most and is cast aluminium. it is also rotated 90deg and crossed over at a lower frequency so that the mid and high frequencies of your bass are directed towards you even when standing close to the cab. You can get the full story at the LFSys website . The sound is the sound of your bass, neutral but rich and warm. It sounds like your bass but through a good quality PA system. Because of the attention paid to the crossover and horn the midrange is much better than you will hear from just about any other bass speaker and because ot the long throw driver and highly braced cab it will handle bass better than all but the most expensive of PA speakers. Better still is that you will get to hear all that goodness on stge because of the control of dispersal from that lovely horn flare.

Bullet points are:

Power: 300W AES

Sensitivity: 97db/W @1m

Impedance: 8ohms

Frequency Range: 40-18kHz

Size: 57x39x32cm

Weight: 13.5kg

I'd prefer you to come and try the cab and take it away but I'm happy to pack and post if you can't get down here.

image.thumb.png.dba3d5df4e48b7a383a95e0949c5a03c.png

Edited by Phil Starr
  • Like 5

• Phil Starr changed the title to LFSys Silverstone Now Sold