Why become a member? ×

Case For a Gibson Ripper

W1_Pro

Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to find a case for my Gibson Ripper Bass. It's very wide and the usual Hiscox/Gator/SKB suspects won't fit.
I really don't want to shell out for a proper flightcase for this. I wondered if anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks

[quote name='Basszilla' post='489180' date='May 15 2009, 06:36 PM']im in the same boat as you mate...doesn't seem to be much out there to fit this bass![/quote]

Hmmm, I suspected this might be the case, thanks for the reply though... :)

Oh dear. Sorry about that... :rolleyes:
Not intentional!
Anyhow, I spoke to a nice chap from Gibson today, and he reckons that the epiphone Jack Cassady case would fit the Grabber/Ripper and it is available as a separate accesory- which apparently the reissue grabber/ripper case is not..... :)

I bought my Ripper in it's battered and barely functional case around '79. The case was rapidly discarded as it didn't really offer a lot of protection. Even back then it was very difficult to find a case large enough to take the Ripper - they're a big bass! I had a full flight case built by Bird Brothers (long since defunct). The bass still lives in it though it was re-foamed by BSH last year (and very nicely too). If the Cassady case fits, then great. If it doesn't then maybe you'll need to consider a custom flight case. I didn't know that a Ripper wouldn't fit in a Hiscox - I've never tried my bass in one of my Hiscox cases. It's good to see that there are a few of us keep the faith with Rippers - fantastic and much underrated instruments.

They are a great bass. Underrated as are most Gibson basses for some reason..never understood this...
I'll let you know about the Jack Cassidy case...I really can't face a flightcase...a bit OTT for my very occaisional gigging needs. :)