Why become a member? ×

1993-4 Japanese Fender Stratocaster – FS/FT

’54 Reissue (one-piece 21-fret tinted maple neck with 'skunk' stripe and round string tree). Chunky , soft V neck shape with low action.
Truss rod adjuster at body end of neck, Vintage Kluson style tuners, staggered pickup poles. String saddles stamped 'Fender' (apparently the ‘economy' versions had unstamped string saddles and non-staggered pole standard pickups… or so I was told)

Medium weight basswood body with ‘fotoflame’ and I think the colour is transparent crimson ‘burst. Found this on the following website:

[url="http://www.xhefriguitars.com/page7.html"]http://www.xhefriguitars.com/page7.html[/url]

[i]The “Foto Flame” is a thin piece of photographic film of some very highly figured wood laminated to the guitar, (thus the name Foto), developed by Fender, in connection with a photographic corporation…... The Foto Flame guitars, with the flame on top, usually have a Basswood cap on Alder or, in the case of the Foto Flame being on front and back, the whole body can be made of Basswood. When the “Foto Flame,” film is applied to the Basswood top, it makes the guitar appear as if it had high-end matchbook, figured Maple. [/i]
I have taken pics indoors and out to try to give a better idea of the colour – quite a dark red. Good condition (a few minor dings – worst mark is a kind of crack in the finish in the body above the bridge – see pic – but it is 15 years old……). Comes with Ritter gigbag

Lovely guitar, plays well but I don’t use it that much so would like to replace it with some bass gear. Looking for in the region of £350 but would prefer trades: anything in the bass department – bass, combo, amp, cab (happy to add cash where appropriate). If you are interested, just let me know what you want to trade…...

Based in Newcastle but don’t let that put you off…….

Neil

[attachment=25233:S.jpg] [attachment=25234:R.jpg] [attachment=25235:Q.jpg]

[attachment=25236:P.jpg] [attachment=25237:N.jpg] [attachment=25238:M.jpg]

[attachment=25239:L.jpg] [attachment=25240:K.jpg] [attachment=25241:H.jpg]

[attachment=25242:C.jpg] [attachment=25243:B.jpg]

Edited by Son of the Wear

I have a 62 reissue japanese strat the same colour/finish!

I think that I paid a shade over £350 for mine. I went to view it first and it just seemed such an amazing strat that I had to have it! The quality is superb, and it just seemed better than any Strat I have tried in a shop. I'd be very interested but the GAS fund is low and there is a risk of the wife exploding as I have two new instruments this year.

I will never sell the one I have, the American strat plus will be going instead at some point though.

Someone should buy this!!!!!!

Thanks for the positive comments Golchen - she is a pretty thing (plays as well as most of the US ones I have tried) but it stays in its case under the bed most of the time and I would rather have more bass stuff. The quality of this one is top-notch - great to play but it doesn't help that I am even worse on guitar than on bass - need to concentrate on at least achieving basic proficiency on a 4-stringer.......

Happy for a straight sale or trade for something bass-related - just let me know.......

Tom - PM returned!

Cheers,

Neil

Edited by Son of the Wear

• 2 months later...