Why become a member? ×

Bassist available -Alternative Metal, Alternative Rock

Hey all, 

I am a bassist and writer, sometimes vocalist. Recording and self financed touring experience. I am 53 and have been a active since my teens in LA. 

I have pro gear and transport and financially independent. My influences as a bassist range from old maiden and dio (jimmy bain style) to thrash (megadeth and metallica), to soundgarden and i love infectious grooves, punk HC like Sick of it All (cross over punk/metal), Amen and Snot, Faith No More.. 
I am a pick player and love my tube tone with a some grit :) Amepeg/Orange etc. Four and Five string basses. I am slowly moving away from downtuned 7-8 string metal, metalcore, screaming and shouting as well as all powermetal. 
I would love to land with some players to create a innovative project -write with regularly, record and tour. No stress BS however, it has to be fun for once! I have done my share of sleeping in cars and drinking to much! :)
Or a band that needs a bassist that can ultimately contribute to writing. 

I put "alt" in the add as I no longer care much for most of the metal out there- I like groove metal from the 90s, some rap rock, some HC PUNK, some Pop Punk and love 70'/80s heavy rock and metal. 
I also love alt rock like Garbage, Blondie and music with a melody and super grit.. my ideal band or sound would have a mix of soundgarden vibes, garbage and blondie style choruses with a bit of motorhead/pantera/metallica/faith no more edge.. Loving Sabbath goes with out saying and I loved Skidrow (slave to the grind). (Had to get that out there..)

During Covid I wrote a few tunes, produced in NYC and with guest guitars from Sick of it All.  I do love their releases and Pete's playing. The vocals in SOIA are also awesome as they are so rhythmic. 

I am based near Gravesend Kent and willing to travel for the right situation.