Why become a member? ×

Anyone shot a Gig with a DJI Osmo Pocket 3?

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes. 

I was just wondering if there is anyone with pub gig footage, shot on a OP3.

Very tempted to get one (as i now have a Cat), but these seem to be quite an expensive camera. 

Ive  got the OP1 (which i hardly ever use) and it does ok, as well as most of those cameras with that size sensor, but i like the idea of the 1’’ sensor in the OP3.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...

We filmed some promo videos with a professional videographer the other day and he pulled one of these out for a play as he’d just bought it. 

I’ll try and get the footage at some point but from the 5 minutes looking at it outside at some scenic footage he was filming, the quality was unbelievable! 

I’ve been looking at the insta 360 as I wanted to find a clip that could attach it to my headstock but so far I can’t find anything that would achieve this. I’d say that the Osmo would be too big for this use. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply. 
I went ahead and got one anyway, as it does look very useful. I’ve hardly used my old one but this seems more like a big step up. It’s more for giving to a mate in the audience to film rather than them use their phone etc. and shoot portrait 🙄

From my early tests in low light (just the cat at home) the quality is very good compared to other devices i have like this. 
It needs to be simple to use and it doesn’t get much simpler than rotate the screen and its recording, with horizon levelling. 

I have used my GoPro and Max at gigs from the stage. On larger stages I’ve put the Max on the end of the Insta selfie stick, sticking out from the PA stand. This has worked really well. Those 360 cameras give a bit more interest and ability to vary the view over the fix ones like the action cameras. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1