Why become a member? ×

Classic 60s Jazz Bass nitrocellulose lacquer finish - *SOLD*
£850
West Oxfordshire

FinnDave

This bass has now been sold.

Fender Classic 60s Jazz Bass, bought new in May 2013 and has been used mainly as a back-up to the white Precision that was my main gigging bass, purely because the the Precision was better suite to the music I have mostly played. When I have needed a Jazz bass, this has been my first choice.

This bass was factory finished with nitro-cellulose lacquer in a rich three tone sunburst. This type of paint is not as resistant to knocks as the usual modern paint, so has some signs of wear on the body, which I have attempted to show in the pictures. The rosewood fingerboard has a 7 1/2” radius and the bass has vintage style reverse tuners. The bass weighs approx 9 1/4 lbs.

The bass is entirely as original, except for having been fitted with Dunlop strap locks - I can include the original non-locking Fender strap buttons if required. The bass is currently fitted with La Bella flat wounds. These strings on the Jazz when played with a pick sound very 1960s!

The bass will be sold with the original Fender tweed case it came with.

I would prefer the buyer to collect from the Witney, Oxfordshire area, or to meet them at a mutually agreed location, but if necessary, I can send it via courier at the buyers risk and cost.

Edited by FinnDave
sold, no longer available
  • Like 10

• FinnDave changed the title to Classic 60s Jazz Bass nitrocellulose lacquer finish **SOLD**