Why become a member? ×

Mixing Ceramic + Neo ?

M@23

Recently bought a Rumble 800 combo, which has neo Eminence 10”s. The ext cab has the ceramic Eminence 10”s. Not sure if the speakers differ other than that, hard to tell from the info at hand. I’d like to get an extension cab, other than subtle differences in how they sound, any reason not to?

How drivers work is primarily defined by their Thiele/Small specs, not the magnet material. It's those specs you need to compare. However, in general it's easy finding Waldo than OEM driver specs. Where low frequency output is concerned the most important spec is excursion, xmax. If they're not very close you can have one cab comfortably cruising along while the other is distorting badly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, agedhorse said:

They are plenty close enough parameter-wise to work well together, don't overthink it (in this case at least).

Much appreciated. Yeah, that’s where I’d landed. They’re not going to be worlds apart, in a similar enough enclosure, that I’m going to crack on with it. 

• Like 2