Why become a member? ×

*DROP: 900* - 'LD Starter' Double bass for sale - *SOLD*
£975
Coventry

Selling my beautiful double bass bought brand new from LD Bass Place in London. Only one previous owner (me!). Selling to fund another purchase and I just don't use it enough.

Comes with soft gig bag with handles worth £50 and pick-up attached to the bridge worth £50 although I can remove this if you would like. Both included in the price, plays beautifully and doesn't need setting up. Pick-up from Coventry CV6. Purchased new from Lawrence Dixon in London. See description below:

"The 'LD Starter Bass' is made exclusively for Bass Place. It is a standard 3⁄4 size robust ply body with a tasteful matt varnish. Most importantly it has upgraded materials not usually found on an entry level bass: Ebony fingerboard, ebony tailpiece, ebony endpin, D’darrio strings, and the renowned Bass Place set up. It has an unbeatable value with exceptional quality and finish. Guildhall Junior Jazz section department recently chose this as their “house” bass.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Edited by robot_pelican_chin
  • Like 1

• robot_pelican_chin changed the title to *DROP: 900* - English made double bass for sale
On 28/01/2024 at 19:32, robot_pelican_chin said:

English made double bass for sale

I don't think it's made in England by Laurence.  I thought they are made abroad (perhaps to his upgraded specs) then shipped over and he gives them a very good setup.  Apologies if I'm wrong.

Either way, any bass that's been through his shop will surely be a good one.

• Like 1