Why become a member? ×

Sterling Ray 35H, Tobacco Sunburst - Price reduced to £650 - ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£700
near Stourbridge

PTB

This Sterling by Music Man Ray 35H was bought as a spare to my Stingray Special 5 last year.  However, a change of band means I only play a P bass these days so this is no longer needed. I have never gigged with it and it's lived in its Sterling gig bag in my smoke-free house ever since.

There is one small scratch that the previous owner did on the lower horn & scratchplate.  I've used his photos and you'll see it on there; however, IRL it's hardly visible unless you look get close. Weight is 3.99kg per the previous owners photo and that feels right to me. It wears the rounds it came to me with.  I think it's a really good looking bass, in a traditional way, with the dark sunburst finish and roasted maple neck.  New, these seem to go for over £1,200 at the usual UK retailers.

Happy to meet within a reasonable distance of Stourbridge if that helps.  Shipping would be possible at the buyer's expense.  As for trades, I'm not really looking for more bass guitars but, if you have something 34" and less than 8.7lbs, try me.  I'm more likely to be tempted by a good lightweight 1x12 cab or an amp. My feedback thread is below:

Ray 35H one.jpg

Ray 35H two.jpg

Ray 35H three with scratch.jpg

Ray 35H weight.jpg

Ray 35H seven.jpg

Edited by PTB
SOLD
  • Like 7

I bought this new from PMT and yes I put the scratch there. Truss rod was a bit sticky and I forced the issue. Freed up the truss rod just fine but my cack handedness left the fine, hard to see from anything other than close up scratch on the treble horn. 

Superb example of a Ray 35  - lightweight, low action, superb dark roasted neck, classic looking black guard on vintage sunburst. 

I only gigged it a handful of times but I did use it on a promo video 

https://fb.watch/oOMNg2_j4K/

Pete's a great guy to deal with too!🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• PTB changed the title to Sterling Ray 35H, Tobacco Sunburst - Price reduced to £650 - SOLD