Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass Gloss Black 1988, Made In Korea... on Bassdirect

Robert Manning

https://www.bassdirect.co.uk/product/fender-jazz-bass-gloss-black-1988-made-in-korea-pre-owned/

I used to have one of these in white, was my first real bass...when I first started playing. I remember 15 years ago not seeing anything online at all in regards to info on these. Still quite a mystery though.

Anyway; just a curiosity really. 

wondering if anyone else had one of these?

it was a nice bass, quite cheap that! 

• Like 1

I had exactly like the one in the advert, I bought mine from the NW Guitar show about 10 years ago for around £150. It was a really nice bass but sitting here now thinking, I don't remember why I sold it or what I sold it for.

Edited by luckman67

4 minutes ago, luckman67 said:

I had exactly like the one in the advert, I bought mine from the NW Guitar show about 10 years ago for around £150. It was a really nice bass but sitting here now thinking, I don't remember why I sold it or what I sold it for.

thats a stunningly low price! 

I sold mine on eBay many years back, but there must of been a reason I think I 16 year old me must have wanted a flashy active bass! 

I remember a while back seeing a post on here on the 'eBay weird and Wonderfull' section getting blasted saying it was fake (ouch). So was pretty cool stumbling across another one online. 

16 hours ago, Robert Manning said:

thats a stunningly low price! 

I sold mine on eBay many years back, but there must of been a reason I think I 16 year old me must have wanted a flashy active bass! 

I remember a while back seeing a post on here on the 'eBay weird and Wonderfull' section getting blasted saying it was fake (ouch). So was pretty cool stumbling across another one online. 

Yeah I was really happy with the price I paid for it back then but I'm still can't remember why & when I let it go.

I genuinely didn't realise there were MIK Fenders from the 90's, thought it was just Squiers. Does look a nice bass though that jazz.

Still have my first bass, Squier MIK Precision, a '93 I think. Are they worth anything yet? 😅

Edited by TRBboy