Why become a member? ×

Binned

Jakester

So, I had a Tenda Nova MW6 mesh setup at home. I ordered a pack of three in 2020, and then an add-on cube in 2022.

Product details are here: 

https://www.tendacn.com/uk/products/11ac-mesh.html

I suspect these are an earlier iteration as the LED colours are green, yellow and red. 

They look like this: 

CDX8AHN89yEVEACcsTs3pd.jpg

They're supposed to extend your wifi around the home by working as little 'nodes' to provide seamless connectivity. 

And they did. For a while. 

They tended to work fine, but every now and again (once every 6 months or so) they'd just drop out. The Tenda app doesn't provide much in the way of functionality, so if they dropped, there was not really any way of telling why. 

There's been a couple of times more recently when the whole shebang just stopped working, for no apparent reason, and it all needed to be rebooted and set up from scratch. Frustrating, and time-consuming, but ultimately resolveable. 

However, on Tuesday they just all dropped out, again with no apparent reason, and whatever I tried I couldn't get them back up and running again. Tried factory reset, tried reconfiguring the network via the app, the works. The last time this happened, I told myself that I would get rid and replace with something supposedly more reliable, and thus that's what I did. 

The app appeared to have been updated (I had to re-register and log in again) so I'm wondering if there has been a firmware upgrade which hasn't worked properly. Looking online, this appears to be a common complaint. 

I don't know whether they're working or have been bricked - I'm just going to throw them out. 

However, if anyone wants them to take a punt on and see if they can get them working again, they're welcome to them. 

I don't want to post them, so it's collection only. I do have the original boxes for all of them though. 

I'm not going to keep these around indefinitely, so let me know ASAP if you want them. I'll update/delete this post if no-one wants them and I've binned them though! 

Edited by Jakester

• Jakester changed the title to Binned