Why become a member? ×

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

A while back I went to collect a gumtree purchase, and the seller had hooked up a mac mini to a mahoosive flat screen tv in the front room along with a set of big KRKs and audio I/F - he seemed pretty happy with the setup. I would expect that the crunch point is likely to be tasks that require using the keyboard/mouse with any intensity - can you do a dry run first tucking your imac behind those nesting tables, and running a hdmi cable out to the tv to give you a flavour of what the ergonomics are likely to be in the long term?

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2023 at 18:50, SubsonicSimpleton said:

A while back I went to collect a gumtree purchase, and the seller had hooked up a mac mini to a mahoosive flat screen tv in the front room along with a set of big KRKs and audio I/F - he seemed pretty happy with the setup. I would expect that the crunch point is likely to be tasks that require using the keyboard/mouse with any intensity - can you do a dry run first tucking your imac behind those nesting tables, and running a hdmi cable out to the tv to give you a flavour of what the ergonomics are likely to be in the long term?

Good points ,and thanks for them .  
Thread deleted as I need to stop procrastinating 🙂

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Coffee ️table back in spare bedroom . It was bugging me this morning 🐞

I'd say that the only real way to have the setup that woukd work in the living room , woukd be for me to have a moog sound studio which would fit on the display unit.  only one mains adapter which is a plus  . . A new Mac mini would be possible as mentioned earlier.. 
However , I already have the grandmother and dfam so that would be pointless . 
still , it was worth a try .