Why become a member? ×

On Hold: Ibanez EHB 1000S Headless Bass - *SOLD*
£675
Caerphilly

Kevdbass

I am reluctantly putting up for sale my Ibanez EHB1000S in Sea Foam Green. The bass has been well cared for and only been occasionally gigged and as a result it is in very good condition. The OEM Bartolini pickups have been upgraded with Aguilar DCBs. This is a solderless conversion (see photo) using connector blocks, making it easy to reverse, or fit a different set of pickups. In addition to the Aguilar pickups, the plastic knobs have been replaced with metal ones.  It will come in its original shipping box and gigbag.  Also the ramp and original knobs as well as the Ibanez hang tag.

Condition wise neck, frets and fretboard are all perfect as far as I can see. The body is perfect too.  A testament to the way it has been cared for.  I feel it is fairly priced given the upgrades and the current market value.

The full spec can be found here on the Ibanez website: https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/detail/ehb1000s_1p_02.html Briefly it is a 30” scale, extremely ergonomically designed instrument. Plenty of contours and a super light chambered body mean you can play it for hours without discomfort. It balances really well on a strap with no perceivable neck dive. It’s 41mm at the nut, so it’s not going to feel cramped, if you like a P Bass but because the neck profile is quite a shallow D, those of us with short fingers don’t struggle either. An advantage of the headless design is you use standard length strings, clamp them and then cut off the excess. This means you have a much greater choice of strings for a shorty and you don’t have to pay the short scale premium.

UK shipping available.  I use UPS next day service.

IMG_0802.jpeg

IMG_0803.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0814.jpeg

IMG_0808.jpeg

IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

Edited by Kevdbass
  • Like 7