Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 44-64 Custom PJ Alpine White ** Deposit Now Paid ** with white binding £850 inc UK delivery - *SOLD*
£850
Suffolk

Quent

Hi everyone. 

I bought this great passive bass ( Vol Vol Tone ) new from GuitarGuitar in Feb 2017.

Serial Number 160304485 - see headstock edge photo.

Only occasional playing at home so no noticeable wear apart from very slight signs on some

frets under the E string frets 3 to 7 ish. Only noticed this when packing and polishing the frets, oiling the board.

It still has the Lakland ST/ST 45 65 85 105 round wound strings on and they’re still lively and seem to suit

these powerful pickups. I don’t use st/st on my other basses but I’d stick with them on this bass.

Superb P pickup and a great tone control for lots of very useable tones.

I had the 3 pots upgraded to the more durable CTS pots on the advice of Steve Barratt at guitarlodge.co.uk 

nearby in Felixstowe. CTS are 1/4 inch shafts so Steve drilled out and shimmed the original knobs, just this year

so this bass is ready to rock.

It’s a dense Ash body so 10lb 5oz / 4.6kg but nicely balanced and you get the advantage of super clear tones and sustain.

These earlier years of the 44-64 have the lovely white neck binding and full white pearl blocks on a super dark rosewood

board in this case. The more recent years version don’t have the binding , just a dark abalone corner to each block.

The pickups and hardware are the same as on Lakland’s USA models. They’re shipped back to Chicago for checking and Pleking

of the fretboard ( computer aided machine levelling process using sensors to eliminate even the slightest high spots of the frets ).

See photo of Plek Tag 25 May 2016.

I’ve packed it up already in inner cardboard coffin type box, then packed well in usual large outer box.

Please see my feedback - when 8 say MINT I mean No blemishes or swirls or tiny marks or dinks etc.

Thought I was going to send it off for commission sale but decided not to, hence packed already and 

hence less than tip top photos but I think they show what you need.

There are some pics in a low sun from last week and the bright ones were taken by GGuitar in Birmingham for

me to verify it was a pukker example I was buying ( I sent two back.)

Make me a sensible offer and it’s yours. You will not be disappointed! ( UK delivery only , on me.)

Only selling as I’ve enjoyed it for nearly 7 years and have recently splashed out on other basses which

need funding.

Specs then photos.

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1266.jpeg

IMG_1265.jpeg

IMG_1297.jpeg

IMG_1298.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1296.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

IMG_1286.jpeg

Edited by Quent
NOW SOLD
  • Like 6

• Quent changed the title to Lakland Skyline 44-64 Custom PJ ** SOLD ** Alpine White with white fretboard binding £850 inc UK delivery