Why become a member? ×

Mo Clifton EUB for sale. - *SOLD*
£1475
Manchester

For sale my Clifton Electric Upright Bass.

£1475

It’s around 25 years old, an early one, serial no 014. It’s been well used and gigged and has a few knocks to show for it (we are in the ‘roadworn’ age). It plays really well and has an ungigged set of Thomastic Dominants on it. I promised myself I would sell it after buying an Eminence 3 years ago so I took it to my luthier to get it tidied up and to get the scoop out of the fingerboard. Embarrassingly, I’d played it for over 20 years and not thought to get this work done on the finger board while getting it shot. The problem I had was when I got it home I found that it now played so much better than it ever had and I was reluctant to move it on. 

I’d mainly used it for Cuban gigs but I’m doing most of those on 5 string bass guitar now and the Eminence holds it own if I need upright. I am a self confessed gear hoarder but I’m going to be strong.

I was in touch Mo recently to find out what size the bridge adjuster wheels were as I was thinking of swapping the Full Circle for a Yamahiko on my double bass and wanted to know if I’d be able to fit the FC to the Clifton. It’s a different size (8mm) so I couldn’t do it but I found out Mo has retired and is not making these anymore.

The bass feels very comfortable due to the floating shoulder matching exactly where your body rests against a double bass. The pickup is a David Gage Realist Copperhead. (There’s also an old Underwood on it in the photos. I was experimenting with blending the two. I’ve taken it off and have misplaced it.) It also comes with a very sturdy Yamaha cymbal stand, which is much stronger than the original stand, and a fitted case. The stand has a missing rubber foot but that’s never been a problem. The logo has worn off the headstock (pictured). The shoulder and back rests are removable and I have included the bag I store them in.I've just discovered the bag has an old set of Evah Pirazzi in it which I'll include in case you don't like the Dominants.

I’m not going to be able to post this. I’m based in Manchester and am happy for people to come and try it out.

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_3064.jpeg

Edited by Apeneck Sweeney
Sold
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Graynote said:

It’s a 2007 bass.  The first 2 digits of Mo’s serial numbers are the year of manufacture, the third digit is the number of the bass made in that year, so this is the 4th bass he made in 2007.

Thanks, it does look a little like a 7 on the photo but it is a 1. That would make it the 4th built in 2001. I've just dug up the invoice to check.

IMG_3069.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Apeneck Sweeney changed the title to Mo Clifton EUB for sale. SOLD