Why become a member? ×

Warmoth 5 string
£375
Aylesbury

Bass Wielder

*READY TO GIG* (set up nicely!)
*CAN DELIVER WITH A REASONABLE DISTANCE FROM AYLESBURY EN ROUTE TO WORK*

This was built using Warmoth parts. Not by myself but I will give as much info as I know/can. The ‘branding’ is lacquered in but easy enough to remove and replace with your own.
Set up nicely, sounds great, balances well and definitely would be quite expensive to do now using Warmoth (or any decent quality as parts/shipping costly).
So here’s a chance to have a bargain and a great instrument in one go!!…Hopefully I can add clear and helpful photos (or pm me for private emails)

*Neck: 35” neck 5 piece bolt on (6 bolts) maple/?(looks like Purpleheart) with 24 large frets and black Gotoh tuners in a 3/2 position, bone nut, single truss rod (headstock accessible) and Ebony fingerboard. There are also side markers in ‘between frets’ position.

*Body: Solid maple with stringers that match the neck. (Stringers look like Purpleheart) to me, but correct me if I’m wrong). Deep neck pocket holds the neck securely (6 bolts) with no movement at all!!

*Electronics: Passive with Volume/Tone (switchable)/4 way rotary switch (single/single/series/parallel) with side mounted Jack socket (even this has Purpleheart). The controls are recessed into the body and there is no back cavity (don’t bask as I don’t know how he did it). Single MM style pickup with dual coils (switchable). Marleaux branded ETS (German) bridge with quick release slots and lockable/adjustable saddles. (For string spacing/height/intonation).

The overall condition is good with signs of use but no major damages.

Collection/trials in Aylesbury.

Shipping can be buyer arranged or paid by buyer.

Orderly queue please😇

edit: Well…I did weigh it (albeit) on a dodgy luggage scale. It’s just over 10lbs. Solid!!

I also looked at the controls a bit more and it’s really clever if you’re into that sort of thing.

The Tone control is actually a rotary switch that dials in tone in or completely out.

The pickup switch is also a rotary switch with 4 positions: Rear coil/Front coil/Both coils parallel/Both coils series.

All positions sounds great and makes it quite a versatile instrument. (The pot is a bit scratchy but maybe from lack of use).

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2182.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

Edited by Bass Wielder
Updates