Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvett with a non standard pre amp fitted killing batteries

Just now, Bigguy2017 said:

Does the push / pull switch disconnect the power to the preamp or just switch it in / out of circuit?

Asking as the most likely reason for battery drain is continuous power to the preamp. 

It seems to make a difference in sound when I pull up or push it down. I have to turn down the pre amp as it was ridiculously loud. But the battery died again today and I only replaced 3 weeks ago and haven’t used it since it was replaced 

Your 3B will be the volume (push/pull), blend and stacked bass/treble if it still has standard Corvette controls won't it?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1941/7837/files/2B-3b_epoxy.pdf?744051323792808354

Does your output jack have two or three lugs on it? With active basses the jack is used to complete the circuit across the sleeve and ring so when you unplug the cable it doesn't drain the battery, that's why they use a 3 lug stereo jack (tip, ring and sleeve) rather than a standard two lug one. The negative terminal of your battery should be wired to one and the other should go to the preamp somewhere.

Edited by lemmywinks