Why become a member? ×

MOD Dwarf Founders Edition - £300 flash sale - *WITHDRAWN*
£340
Keighley, West Yorkshire

MrDinsdale

Very cool unit which really really stands out from other modellers with its open source approach and LV2 plugin architecture. Add to that the AIDA-X profiling/capturing of fx pedals/amps and convolution reverbs available (included).

Ill pop a full list of included premium plugins when I get chance but includes a convolution reverb pack, JCMV AIDA-X amp sim, mastering plugin and a range of other drives and modulation plugins. 

Shame to let it go as I’ve had a lot of fun playing with this. It really does do the whole rig in a box thing, it just doesn’t integrate with my existing pedalboard quite as well as I’d hoped with the lack of integrated fx loops.

For people who want to geek out and create something off the beaten track.

Comes with carry case and power supply etc. Can ship at buyers expense. 

Message with any questions!

£300 flash sale for this weekend (spotted more shiny things I want)

IMG_8044.thumb.jpeg.c0e350f9beeb3862a1311b32936fce4a.jpeg

IMG_8046.thumb.jpeg.1d8b20028f332ee16ca3819f14cff1fd.jpeg

Edited by MrDinsdale
  • Like 4

A few hopefully helpful points to add here:

1) re the FX loops you can use the second in/out as an fx loop and the route the mod signal to position your signal chain accordingly

2) for those who don't know in addition to fx and modelling the mod system also contains tone generators - essentially midi instruments, so you can link it with keys or other midi controllers for synth bass, organ, piano etc of the variety of stuff available not all of it is great but a lot of it is - I used to gig with one using some really nice synth bass and organ patches run out through my amp

3) the dwarf functions as a midi host as well as a midi client, so you can plug all kinds of gear in to expand it, keyboards, memory, bluetooth midi

It's actually a pretty incredible device in terms of the functionality it offers and the sound quality is very, very good. Most definitely not a toy. Acid test for me on any fx gear is how good the OC2 clone sounds and I'd score the dwarf a solid 7.5 or maybe 8....

I was very happy with mine but the drawback, and the reason that I stopped using it, is that you need to link to a screen (PC or tablet) in order to construct and see your patches. Great doing that at home and you don't need to link a screen to use the audio, however if you need to see and dive into anything on a gig it becomes complex. Overall though a truly brilliant bit of kit and something different, not just another version of a stomp in a different box.

Also worth noting it's built like a tank, really great quality.

GLWTS

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

A few hopefully helpful points to add here:

1) re the FX loops you can use the second in/out as an fx loop and the route the mod signal to position your signal chain accordingly

2) for those who don't know in addition to fx and modelling the mod system also contains tone generators - essentially midi instruments, so you can link it with keys or other midi controllers for synth bass, organ, piano etc of the variety of stuff available not all of it is great but a lot of it is - I used to gig with one using some really nice synth bass and organ patches run out through my amp

3) the dwarf functions as a midi host as well as a midi client, so you can plug all kinds of gear in to expand it, keyboards, memory, bluetooth midi

It's actually a pretty incredible device in terms of the functionality it offers and the sound quality is very, very good. Most definitely not a toy. Acid test for me on any fx gear is how good the OC2 clone sounds and I'd score the dwarf a solid 7.5 or maybe 8....

I was very happy with mine but the drawback, and the reason that I stopped using it, is that you need to link to a screen (PC or tablet) in order to construct and see your patches. Great doing that at home and you don't need to link a screen to use the audio, however if you need to see and dive into anything on a gig it becomes complex. Overall though a truly brilliant bit of kit and something different, not just another version of a stomp in a different box.

Also worth noting it's built like a tank, really great quality.

GLWTS

Yeah its a truely remarkable bit of kit, I think it goes well beyond my needs. I think the big selling point for me was how much flexibility there is to go off the beaten track, rather than just being full of various Tube Screamer clones etc it has some really unique stuff in there. For me the reverbs and delays are where this really shines, if I was more familiar with synths I'm sure I'd be blown away by the functionality there too. The mastering plugin which is included in incredible too.

As for the FX loops I did use the 2 channels as FX loops and it was great, for me I just found having 2 dedicated fx loops along with the in/output was a must but I'm aware it's incredibly convoluted 😂

I'd love to keep it if I could justify having it but at the moment anything that doesn't sit on my board is up for the chop 😭

• MrDinsdale changed the title to MOD Dwarf Founders Edition - £310 flash sale
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MrDinsdale changed the title to MOD Dwarf Founders Edition - **WITHDRAWN**