Why become a member? ×

Precision Alternatives?

allighatt0r

[quote name='nick' post='486476' date='May 12 2009, 10:43 PM']Not even mid-priced, why not try a nice old (80's) Ibanez Blazer, preferably natural finish, ash body.
IMHO these certainly give a decent P-Bass a good run for the money.

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Ibanez/Blazer+Bass/10/1"]Ibanez Blazer reviews[/url][/quote]

Suit you sir I like that!
If they were easy to find I'd get one for sure sometime.

[quote name='nick' post='486476' date='May 12 2009, 10:43 PM']Not even mid-priced, why not try a nice old (80's) Ibanez Blazer, preferably natural finish, ash body.
IMHO these certainly give a decent P-Bass a good run for the money.

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Ibanez/Blazer+Bass/10/1"]Ibanez Blazer reviews[/url][/quote]

Agreed - I love mine - and they do come up from time to time and will be well within your budget. Roadsters too - fatter neck, no split pup, fetch slightly more money.

Also agree with everything thats been said about the 70's/80's BB's. I recently snagged a '78 BB1000 (bolt on) which is probably the closest of the original BB range to a Precision. Stonking bass, beautifully put together/finished with some nice touches like the engraving on the bridge. Hard to find though - only ever seen one, and thats mine!

Pluck

Edited by sgt-pluck