Why become a member? ×

60mm (20mm spacing) bridge

LITTLEWING

Every bridge seems to be 57mm (19mm string spacing). A Frankenstein jazz I’m using has a 57mm and the strings don’t line up properly between the neck pickup pairs of poles. We all know the E and G have always been a flawed design on a flat jazz pickup resulting in them being a tad louder anyway, but apart from fitting threaded saddles like a vintage model, does anybody do a BBOT with 60mm spacing (20mm string spacing) E to G which will get near as dammit for aesthetic reasons and possibly more even string volume as the E and G are sitting above single poles which always seems to give a string a bit of unwanted volume and unnecessary ’grit’. 
I’d dearly love to fit a pair of pups with raised A and D poles to help the problem but nobody does sensibly priced units either. 

Does nobody care about Jazzes??

I think the BBOT bridge on my Aria Jazz Modder is 20... certainly feels wider than the norm.. i'll check and get some dim's as dunno if the back 5 screws are F spaced, although it has 2 up front...

Little grooves for the saddles...

I can do a bridge swap or cheap £ to just replace... postage?

20230927_142522.thumb.jpg.09d5139d083b77bdbf5e97578da3f224.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug