Why become a member? ×

ATTN: Zoom B1Xon owners - Expression Pedal Question

PaulThePlug

Got a Zoom B1Xon... Didn't really need it as already have a B1on, but it was Fish 'n Chips money... couldn't pass it up!

20230915_233202.thumb.jpg.a3e15626eb6cd357dc31634ff04573bd.jpg

Couple of Pedal Q's for those that know.

Pedal as Vol - On-Input, so mimics a std vol pedal, On-Output... what do you use and do you notice a difference?

On/Off Switch - Button functions on a finger press, but the foam doesn't seem to want to compress with a push with the pedal - Note: I am Mechanically Sympathetic so ain't gonna be stamping or stomping...

All looks std, factory looking foam to the underneath of the pedal - am i missing a bit of rubber that pushes on the button (Stop sniggering at the back...) or some sort of Button Topper? (You!.. Stand in the corner and face the wall...) Yours any different? ;-)...

20230915_233237.thumb.jpg.7ff28d378483531f5076bed97a046184.jpg

Looking forward to trying the Expression Pedal on Phaser Rate paramater, and on the Gain parameter between say 4-8 on the Marshall Super B.

Any other words of wisdom on the pedal and it's use, doesn't look like it has the curve choice of the BXFour. Manual and Effects List don't describe much.

Edited by PaulThePlug

• PaulThePlug changed the title to ATTN: Zoom B1Xon owners - Expression Pedal Question

Thanks again...

I've done a bit of reading... seems others have commented on the same thing... and i think it might be a 'Zoom Known Feature' and the sponge may be a half cure?

Switch turns effect On/Off - easy such as Vol or Wah, But, B1Xon has Pedal Assignable Parameters, (More So than the B2XFour...) Say Phaser Rate, or Gain as mentioned previously...

If i understand what others are saying,

Pressing the pedal switch turns off the Effect - Pedal or Amp-Sim - Rather than turning off the Expression Pedal's action on the Assigned Parrameter, returning to a pre-setting, Rate of 4 or Gain of 5.

Need some time to actually plug the thing in, Maybe Tomorrow?

Edited by PaulThePlug