Why become a member? ×

3/4 "slimline" double bass - *SOLD*
£650
Chepstow, UK

Rosie C

I bought this double bass in May 2020, learning double bass through 'lockdown'. It's a 3/4, made in Romania and sold by Thomann. It is a "slimline" style with laminated construction. I found it easier to get started on, and it's a fair bit easier to move around than my other upright. When I bought it I was recovering from a back injury and 

It's spent some time with Martin's Violin's in Caerphilly where it was set up a whole lot better than it came from Thomann's workshop, and had the bridge converted to adjustable. Condition is generally good, there are a couple of chips on the top of the scroll and a couple of marks on the front by the tailstock - see photos.

The strings - E and D I'm unsure of the make, the A and G are new Evah Pirazzi's that I fitted earlier this year. I was part way through replacing them all when I decided to quit playing arco and reduce the number of uprights I have.

* A padded Hidersine double bass bag is included. 

* A Realist Copperhead pickup is included in the price. I've only swapped it on today, so some of the photos show a Realist Lifeline pickup fitted (which is NOT INCLUDED in the sale)

More details at https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_slim_line_double_bass_europe_1.htm  - do read the reviews, it gets good feedback. 

Collection only from Chepstow, UK. I'm happy to provide practice space, an amp and tea/coffee while you try it out, but you'll need to bring your own bow!

IMG_9012.jpeg

IMG_9011.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_9010.jpeg

IMG_9014.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

IMG_9016.jpeg

IMG_9017.jpeg

IMG_9018.jpeg

IMG_9027.jpeg

IMG_9028.jpeg

IMG_9009.jpeg

bass - 1.jpeg

bass - 1 (1).jpeg

IMG_9037.jpeg

IMG_9038.jpeg

IMG_9035.jpeg

Edited by Rosie C
Adding photos

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Dear Rosie, I am really interested in this for my daughter who needs a student instrument that I can haul to and from school. Would it be possible to view it tomorrow please. Kind regards; Kate

Hi Kate, I've sent you a PM!

• Rosie C changed the title to 3/4 "slimline" double bass *SOLD*