Why become a member? ×

Looking for Parts for Goodwin les paul bass

Aleks Drago

Hi there,

My dad owns a vintage Goodwin Bass “Les Paul” from the 60s and he is missing a few parts I’m looking to find for him to finally put it together! :) I’ve been walking around all of London trying to find these, I was told I should try my luck here. Hope someone can help!!  

I am looking for the following pieces:
- A new fitting Jack socket

- A Chrome bridge, it should be (I think) 70mm spacing. 
- Tuning keys left & right x4 (but only with 3 holes apparently that’s hard to find)

I’ve tried a few different sites: armstrongmusic, all parts etc. couldn’t find it :/ 

Let me know if anyone can help - thanks!! 

Hi and welcome to Basschat.

It would help if you could post some close up photos of the bass showing where the missing parts should go along with some additional measurements.

The problem you are likely to find is that early copy guitars and basses only bore a passing resemblance to the original instrument and therefore standard replacement parts may not fit without a lot of additional work.

It will also depend on how authentic you want your restoration to be. For things like machine heads, modern versions will be far superior to almost anything off a 60s copy instrument, but getting something that looks exactly the same and has the same fitting will be difficult. Most people would settle for ones that have similar keys so the instrument still looks the same from the front, but accept that the screw fittings on the back won't line up with what was there previously.