Why become a member? ×

Peavey USA G-Bass (carbon graphite neck) *please read description - *SOLD*
£600
Cardiff

miles'tone

Peavey USA G-Bass, the one with the carbon graphite neck, Paul ferro fingerboard. Unfairly though unsurprisingly labelled as the poor man's Modulus Flea bass. Unfairly, because both basses were first released around the same time, so maybe just a zeitgeist thing occurring. Anyway...

The Peavey G-Bass has a 35" scale, perfect for BEAD tuning if that's your thing. Unopened pack of XL GHS Bass Boomers 105-45 included for regular tuning if it's not. 

It is currently well packed for cheaper shipping with the neck and body detached, therefore it can be sent in a smaller box.

The bass comes fitted with black hardware - 2 Hipshot Ultralites, 2 Hipshot-a-like unbranded and a black Gotoh 201 bridge (the same as the stock chrome Gotoh).

Original chrome tuners and bridge are included. 

The bass is light and weighs around 7 1/2 pounds.

Other than the hardware switch the bass is stock. The preamp is the highly regarded 18v USA Cirrus pre.

*I was desperate to obtain a G-Bass for quite a while as they are quite a rarity and thin on the ground as they were only made for 4-ish years. Eventually I found this one for sale in Finland and bit the bullet. It cost me around £630 to buy (I'll try and find a pic of the sale..), and a further £70 in customs fees when it hit these shores. The chap I bought it off is the one who detached the neck and body to make the shipping costs from Finland affordable to me. 

I will sell it as is for £500 shipped to someone who doesn't mind putting the neck on themselves (I am currently pretty much immobile due to a recent back injury). If it turns out that nobody is interested as is, then eventually I will put it back together and set it up myself when I'm able, which will of course mean an increase in price and shipping costs.

We'll see...

Thanks for looking. 

*the pics shown here are from the original seller's Reverb ad.

gxus9vl2da4axy3byrdw.jpg

ov4h4omo3gs0wygpcqmt.jpg

v2yycrpcqsy8aurqsmmi.jpg

swxrjkfbufo4571kaybf.jpg

pgpubmbov8z8ewybo0hv.jpg

eudqqe8dfuxqtk1s7iea.jpg

wdki3bh8yjckosu28njy.jpg

cuz4w0silhyqgjxquook.jpg

c1js3uz9c9iew9ywboog.jpg

rhm5fgpi6yp8es2qf8l1.jpg

Screenshot_20230818_165933_Chrome.jpg

Edited by miles'tone
  • Like 5

• miles'tone changed the title to Boom! SOLD! Peavey USA G-Bass (carbon graphite neck) *please read description