Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Control Corporation - Blue RAL Code

JPJ

So I have this crazy idea and I need to know the RAL code for the blue used by Acoustic Control Corporation on its bass amps and cabs. I’ve been a huge fan of the look of Acoustic amps and cabs since being a teenager and as they are no longer around, I’d like to pay a little homage to them with my Basschat 2x12 build. Any Basschatter’s out there able to help?

• Like 1

Hi JPJ,

The colour of the Formica that was used on the fronts of the early 360/361 units was called "Baby Blue ", if that's any help.

Two, very similar, shades of paint were used on the blue logo stripes, I do have the paint names written down somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

Mike.

17 hours ago, Chimike said:

Hi JPJ,

The colour of the Formica that was used on the fronts of the early 360/361 units was called "Baby Blue ", if that's any help.

Two, very similar, shades of paint were used on the blue logo stripes, I do have the paint names written down somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

Mike.

Thanks for this Mike, and if you have got those paint names that would be fantastic 

Ah...

Shouldn't make statements when I'm knackered !

It was the two very similar fonts, used on the logo's, that I have written down, somewhere.

If you google Montana gold ( acrylic ) or Montana black(   ?),

Colour baby blue

code 5020,

They are the spray cans of paint I use on my Acoustic bits.

Need to experiment with undercoat, white undercoat makes the blue a bit too bright.

Best Wishes, 

Mike.