Why become a member? ×

Genzler Magellan Contour settings

BassAdder60

Yep - that's about the setting I use for loud Covers band, (playing everything from CCR to Metallica via Miley Cyrus!) using

Sandberg VM4. 

Used to use the Blue Channel at around 11 o'clock which sounds great when noodling at home but wasn't happy with the live sound.   (Re-) Read the instructions and used the Orange Channel for Live use  ........ BLISS!   Tipped the balance in favour of the Genzler vs my ABM 600 which is now "resting".  (But the ABM is great and whilst I know I should sell it I'm finding it difficult to part with!).  

I tend to use the 4 on The Floor Genzler Pedal as an "always on" pedal too - on a very "light" drive setting . Very difficult to say what it does, but live it just adds that sprinkle of magic dust.

• Like 1

And boy do I need a lot more Magic Dust after last night's performance!  Used my fall back P Bass for the first half in a very bassey but fantastic venue.   Huge bass tones, but little at the top end - a 2 string (E.A.) bass would have worked equally well.   Increased Contour level, knocked back the bass and elevated the upper mids and was pretty happy.  As our guitarist said at half time "Awesome" (but he is a guitarist!!).   
Normal service resumed in second half - Sandberg and pretty much back to a 9.30 (orange) contour setting and flat other than a tiny bit of bass roll-off on the bass.   We were LOUD, but the bass volume settings were Gain at 12 O'clock Master at just below 10.   
So, just confirmation really, this amp is really flexible, which is a godsend when needed  and implausibly loud .......... I keep being tempted to increase the "speakerage" just to do it justice (and that's using a couple of Mesa Subways).   

When I first had the amp I thought it a bit "modern" sounding, especially with the Sandberg, but I've either worked out how to work the tone controls or have lost even more of my mid range hearing!!   Now, having switched to the Orange Contour setting I find it does whatever I want - Modern, Old School, Pop, Rock and even a bit of folk/rock.  
It's a great amp and Jeff Genzler is really responsive to any enquiries - if you ask Genzler a question he personally responds! 
Great Amp, Great Company.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 10:26, Pirellithecat said:

Yep - that's about the setting I use for loud Covers band, (playing everything from CCR to Metallica via Miley Cyrus!) using

Sandberg VM4. 

Used to use the Blue Channel at around 11 o'clock which sounds great when noodling at home but wasn't happy with the live sound.   (Re-) Read the instructions and used the Orange Channel for Live use  ........ BLISS!   Tipped the balance in favour of the Genzler vs my ABM 600 which is now "resting".  (But the ABM is great and whilst I know I should sell it I'm finding it difficult to part with!).  

I tend to use the 4 on The Floor Genzler Pedal as an "always on" pedal too - on a very "light" drive setting . Very difficult to say what it does, but live it just adds that sprinkle of magic dust.

I’ve just ordered the 4 on the floor to use in front of my Magellan 800 clean channel 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirellithecat said:

Be interested to hear how you get along with it and what settings you use.  ......... I really like mine (as an always on pedal), but not really sure why.

Probably always on using Gear 1 or 2 into the clean channel on the amp 

• 3 weeks later...

Update to Genzler 4 on the floor 

I’m finding the best sounds are using the HPF set around 11 o clock taking some of the low frequencies out on the drive and reducing the LPF to around 12 o clock to take out harsh high frequencies. 

I use it as an always on pedal in front of my MG800 and ABM600