Why become a member? ×

Status Flats

I have been using 'Rounds' for many years and recently experimented with 'Flats'... and found them to be not for me.
I then tried a set of Status 'Grounds' and they definately sit between Rounds and Flats... and have enough ring to be slappable.

They are good quality strings (They are Status!), but again not for me, so I have gone back to Rounds.

I only played with the Grounds for a few minutes at home and I'll be selling them.

I have a set on my fretless Washburn XB-600 (the choice of six string sets of flats is pretty limited and Status were the ones who gave the best range of options). They do the job although, to be honest, I find them quite stiff. For a cheap option, they are great but if you don't get on with them it doesn't necessarily mean that other flats won't work better for your needs.

Wulf

ok, wel i'm going to think about it but i may go all out and get the flats but maybe TI's as they seem to be the most highly regarded. I do have another bass i can borrow if i need the roundwound sound for a gig, but i'm deffinately going to think on it for a bit!
thanks for everyone's input
phil