Why become a member? ×

1979 Fender Precision for sale/exchange

NancyJohnson

OK, time to put this up again. I haven't even picked this bass up in five months except to dust it...seems such a waste that it's not getting used.

It's a 1979 Fender Precision, US made. Black with rosewood board on a maple neck. Stock pickup failed years ago and it now has a new Wizard unit. The chromed pickup cover is a new addition and is a genuine Fender part. It's fitted with Dunlop Straploks. I do not have the Fender strap-lugs. Comes in the original Fender moulded case. I have the thumb-rest but it's not fitted.

Body has a little bit of marking/bucklerash, but could certainly be considered as clean considering it's thirty years old. Neck/headstock likewise. Neck is straight and has never needed adjustment during the twenty odd years I've owned the bass. Bridge and machines are sound...it never goes out of tune.

Pictures are below. I'll answer any questions here or by PM.

OK to the price. Competitively, I have to be looking at £950 for an outright sale, but would also consider exchanging against:
- an oldish Fender Jazz (preferably black/blocks), or,
- a Gibson Thunderbird (white), or,
- a Rickenbacker 4001/4003 (black), or,
- a Lakland (DJ4/JO5 - no natural or sunburst finishes), or,
- a Bongo 5HH (any finishes except Shoreline Gold)...

plus cash going either way dependent on what is on offer.

Thanks for reading...

P

Edited by NancyJohnson

• 2 months later...

Yep, the same bass - I love the beginning of Don't Rush, but aside from Lizzy (which we do in the band but with a different arrangement), I haven't listened to those recordings in a while. New strings, straight into the desk. Yummy :rolleyes:
P

[quote name='stinson' post='556921' date='Jul 31 2009, 10:43 AM']Stop teasing me with this thing! Is this the bass used on the Last Thee Standing recordings? If so it has an absolutley monster tone, not sure what else you were using with it. Very tempting :)[/quote]

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='557060' date='Jul 31 2009, 01:04 PM']Yep, the same bass - I love the beginning of Don't Rush, but aside from Lizzy (which we do in the band but with a different arrangement), I haven't listened to those recordings in a while. New strings, straight into the desk. Yummy :)
P[/quote]
Just checking... it sounds great!!