Why become a member? ×

Boss Gt 1B assigning CTRL pedal

ardi100

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my head around assigning CTRL1 to different functions and I'm managing. Sometimes!

I'm using the Tone Studio software and I can assign different effects to CTRL1 without too much grief. The problem I'm having is then being able to adjust parameters per effect - I can't seem to be able to do it.

I've managed to adjust some parameters on the unit itself, again, sometimes. Once, trying to add a flange to a clean preamp and comp patch, I could assign fx1 flange but I couldn't get a decent sound. I then manually added fx2 flange, which sounded much better, but it wouldn't assign to CTRL1, it only stayed on the clean sound of the patch (I hope that makes sense!)

Basically, I should be easily able to switch particular effects on and off with CTRL1, as well as control parameters while doing this, but it seems really hit and miss. 

Are there any GT 1B users out there that can shed any light on where I'm going wrong? It's starting to really cheese me off!

Edited by ardi100
Spelling

Thanks Noir.

I can assign them, but I then can't find a way to change the parameters.

And sometimes the effect won't assign to CTRL1, it just turns it on for the whole patch. 

It's got me thinking about upgrading, which I don't want to do as it's expensive.

Sorry, I’m not sure I fully understand? If you assign an effect to CTRL1 it will switch it on and off for ‘the whole patch’ which is what you want isn’t it?

You could set each parameter for a given effect to several assigns and they will all change when the CTRL is pressed also?

Not sure how upgrading to a different unit would help, particularly if it’s a Boss as that’s how that all work?

Right.

So I've assigned an octave down, no problems. But I can't alter how much octave vs dry signal - it seems it's just a default blend or off.

I've been trying to add a flange to a clean patch. I didn't like the fx1 flange sound

I tried adding the fx2 sound -which I preferred - but it wouldn't assign to ctrl, it just added to the overall patch. 

I hope that makes sense

Ok, 

So you need to find ‘target’ in the assign menu. There you can select the Octave for example and then you can choose the settings you need the assign to alter.

The Flanger effect is identical for FX1 and FX2 so I’m not sure quite what’s going on there? Again in the ‘target’ section of the assign you should be able to deal with individual parameters for each effect.

Hope that helps.