Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Epiphone EB3 - cherry - bit of a package (includes multi-effect, bag, strap, new cable) -£170 - *SOLD*
£170
Manchester

three

A mate of mine is moving from a very large house to a large house and de-cluttering furiously.  About 15 years ago, I aided his son in buying a first bass - it's this one, an Epiphone EB3 in cherry.  The bass was not really used and just sat in the corner of a bedroom.  It needs to go as the son moved away some time ago.  There's a bit of a package here, so you get:

EB3 bass - it's in very good condition but with minor signs of play and storage.  I've cleaned it pretty thoroughly and it's shiny.  Lovely slim neck with a 1.5" nut (I think) and 34" scale.  The only notable scrape is at the end of the head (pictured).  All works as it should.  Strung with old but hardly used Rotosound rounds (45-105 I'd think).  The action is low, possibly too low, as there's some buzzing on the E and A, from around fret 10 (D) on the E.  That said, the bass is very playable indeed and sounds just as one would expect (mud bucker and bridge pickup doing what they do).  There's quite a bit of relief in the neck and a quick turn of the rod and action lift on the bass side should sort any buzzes without much hassle; 

Zoom BFX-708 in very clean condition and fully working when tested;

Bag that is dusty and scruffy with a broken zip - the bag is only really useful to carry the bass away and maybe to keep dust off the bass in storage.  I'll give the bag a bit of a brush before sale;

Strap - a cheap but functional Levis affair in red nylon - again, dusty but I'll give it a brush; and

Cable - this is new and in its cardboard packaging - I haven't tested it but I can't see why it wouldn't work (sort of medium length)

Given scarcity of spare time and lack of a box, this really needs to be collected just outside Manchester or in Manchester city centre.  Any questions, please just ask. 

IMG_6545.jpeg

IMG_6544.jpeg

IMG_6548.jpeg

IMG_6547.jpeg

IMG_6549.jpeg

IMG_6550.jpeg

IMG_6553.jpeg

IMG_6552.jpeg

IMG_6555.jpeg

IMG_6556.jpeg

IMG_6554.jpeg

IMG_6557.jpeg

IMG_6487.jpeg

Edited by three
Images

• three changed the title to SOLD - Epiphone EB3 - cherry - bit of a package (includes multi-effect, bag, strap, new cable) -£170