Why become a member? ×

SVT VR fan not working?

Wigwamhead

Hello everyone, 

I’ve recently bought an SVT VR, which sounds incredible!

only issue I seem to have is that when I turn on the amp, the fan doesn’t turn on at the same time? 

is this normal and the fan comes on after a certain time/temp or should it begin to work straight away?

any help would be much appreciated :)

Edited by Wigwamhead

I have read through a couple of versions of the owners manual but neither mention the fan.  As a guess from articles I have read I would think it should start on power on. If you can reach the fan see if the impeller is free to rotate. It could well be seized. Have you had the amp on long enough for it to get really hot to see if the fan is thermostatically controlled?

4 hours ago, BassmanPaul said:

I have read through a couple of versions of the owners manual but neither mention the fan.  As a guess from articles I have read I would think it should start on power on. If you can reach the fan see if the impeller is free to rotate. It could well be seized. Have you had the amp on long enough for it to get really hot to see if the fan is thermostatically controlled?

IMG_1721.thumb.jpeg.41af2090c4d70a45d5f2031e7ecc092a.jpeg

Thank you for the suggestion Paul, turns out like you said, there was a small wire, that I take it powers impeller, obstructing the fan. I just poked it back with a small toothpick and it works like a good’un👌🏻

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chimike said:

Also, check it's plugged in ! Easy to forget, if the rear screen had been removed for servicing.

I think that’s what might have happened Chimike, I think the back plate must have been removed at some point, and though the power wasn’t effected, a wire must have crept under the Impeller when it was reattached, all sorted though now mate, thank you very much👌🏻IMG_1721.thumb.jpeg.eabf8b67595c852243406f968fd472d6.jpeg

• Like 1

Be thankful you found it before things overheated.

The fan in my little GK MB200 was gunked up and stopped working. So things overheated and I had to replace the ICE power chip.

I love that little amp so it was worth investing in.