Why become a member? ×

Wireless interference

Woodinblack

I use wireless pretty well everywhere, practicing at home, outside, at gigs, wherever, can't be doing with cables.

The wireless I use depends on where I am, around the house I use my cheap ammoon 2.4g dongles, and they are just fine, good batttery life etc.

Live I tend to use the 5GHz dongles, no interference with anything and just trust them more.

I have just got a bongo in exchange and love it, however, I have noticed if I use the 2.4g dongles or the Boss Waza Air I get a high pitched interference  - its a bit better with the dongles as they can be moved around a bit to where it is reduced a lot (but still present), but the waza airs obviously don't move - its kind of hard using those.

If I use the 5GHz dongles, no interference at all however I move them round, so not a gigging issue.

I have 10 or so other basses, mostly active from cheap to expensive, and a chapman stick and upright bass, and none of them suffer from any wireless interference with any of those things.

Has anyone experienced this? I presume the bongo is unshielded as are probably most of the other basses, and maybe there is something in its circuit that is prone to 2.4GHz noise, but it is irritating that I can't use it with the waza air, unless I put an extension lead on it.