Why become a member? ×

The Threats won’t work!

Bunion

21 hours ago, TimR said:

This isn't because people are looking for a bike or a fridge, it's because they think they can sell it for that price. 

That's how ebay generally works.

With Basschat you're trying to match what you have for sale with someone looking for it. You're relying on someone looking to buy something. It's not a buoyant free market with loads of people buying and selling the same thing. It's a tight market where the price is less significant than what's on sale and who exactly wants to buy it.

If something has been on sale for 2 years it means the seller isn't that bothered about selling it and/or they have an unrealistic view of what it's worth and/or no one wants to buy it.

Agreed. There's a couple of fairly high-end basses been going round and round on here for coming up two years now. Always smile when they make their weekly appearance and prices are still the same.

You can't just buy a Guitar like buying a T-shirt, homework has to be done, in fact in my book that applies to most things.I made an error just the other week not a Guitar but a Lawnmower.

My trusty Bosch  Mower which i have had for 15 years finally gave up the ghost. I naturally thought it's another Bosch Mower for me,so i bought on line at B&Q for collection,got it home and upon closer inspection it was flimsy with thinner plastic, difficult to set the blade height,the grass box came in two pieces with two clips which kept coming undone rendering the thing useless.Anyway gave it a run out and thought this is nothing like the original one,went to alter the blade height and trapped a finger nearly ripping my finger end off after which i began to see red, i felt like John Cleese in Faulty Towers after his Austin Maxi broke down and he thrashed it with a Tree Branch,i would have done the same had their  been a branch handy.A bit more product knowledge revealed that the thing was made in China with a Bosch badge on the side of it,the thing went straight back to B&Q.Funnily enough even the staff agreed it was a load of TAT in comparison to the original Bosch ones.