Why become a member? ×

Gallien-Kreuger MB800 800w Ultra-Light Bass Amp Head £375 - *WITHDRAWN*
£375
Skipton, North Yorkshire

Gallien Krueger MB800 800Watt Ultra-Light Bass Amp Amplifier head

£375 including post to UK mainland destination

Good condition. Sounds great. Full working order. Includes Footswitch, Rack Ears, Manual and Power Lead

Specification from the Gallien-Krueger website

https://www.gallien-krueger.com/mb-800-specs

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52d881e0e4b093afad1a2ae2/t/54a30e8ae4b0d05e1a9b7120/1419972234034/mb800-manual.pdf

What GK say:

OVERVIEW

Continuing the evolution of the MB Series, the MB800 bass amp head from Gallien-Kreuger features incredible output, increased functionality, and a completely discreet FET-driven preamp. With 800 massive "GK watts" of power, the MB800 can handle even the largest venues without breaking a sweat, and at 5 lb., neither will your roadie!

All of the MB800's controls are lit to indicate the current operating status, including input clip, tuning mute, Gain A, Gain B/Level-B, power amp clipping, limiter enable, and EQ/Contour settings. The same FET technology used to create the legendary boost (G.I.V.E.) circuit found in all GK amplifiers for over 30 years is used in every stage of the MB800 preamp. Using FET devices to drive the GK four-band active EQ, Contour, and Gain allows the MB800 to transition seamlessly from a full, warm, clean tone to full-on GK growl.

800 watts of pure GK power and tone in a five-pound head!

FEATURES

800W @ 4 ohms, 500W @ 8 ohms

Discreet FET preamp

Push-activated Gain A/B and limiter defeat

-10dB pad

4-band active EQ with variable contour

Effects loop and tuner mute

XLR out, pre/post EQ

Defeatable limiter

Two Speakon outputs

SPECIFICATIONS

MB800 800W Ultralight Bass Amp Head

10-3/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 8-1/2"D

4.9 lb. 2.2 k

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Paul Norman
It has been pointed out the amp is not compatible for UK usage
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Paul Norman said:

I've used it as is in the UK with standard power lead. Not noticed / had any problems.

I thought I should make you aware that, according to the manual above, it says that your amp is compatible for USA and Canada and is incompatible with UK, EU and Australia. My MB800 shows 240 volts on the back. Where did you buy it from originally, was it an American website?

Your amplifier has been factory configured for use with the specific line voltage for your location only. For example, units set to operate within countries that supply 100-120 volt electrical service are not compatible with 230-240 volt systems used in other countries.

Connecting the amplifier to a line with specifications other than indicated above can create safety and fire hazard, and may damage the amplifier.

image.thumb.png.7bfff81c305505e94b70b751dbefe8c5.png

Edited by gjones

• Paul Norman changed the title to Gallien-Kreuger MB800 800w Ultra-Light Bass Amp Head £375 [Withdrawn, please see the thread as to why]