Why become a member? ×

interface & webcam configuration

Bay Splayer

have recently bought webcam which works ok but mic not capable of dealing with the bass frequencies

also have a usb inerace E-MU 0202 which i have tried to use with the webcam but so far unsuccessfully

webcam settings shows that it knows the E-MU is there but wont record from it

do i have to disable my internal souncard on pc for it to make any difference and if so, how do i do it

any advice appreciated

cheers

mark

hey

I've always used a video camera and transfered the resulting film to iMovie - which is very easy to use to edit whatever you;ve filmed - then simply export - or 'share' the clip - to MP4 (Mpeg), or flv4 (flash video) file formats. I was getting mixed results with the sound quality and since my new vid camera is HD Sony handycam with only a built in mic I've since recorded tha adio via Logic theny synced the audio and video afterwards. This is a pain in the ass as it's tricky to get the two perfectly in synch but the end result is worth the extra effort (see the last two clips on my Youtube channel for an example).

In your case I would try and record you audio via a soundcard and then dub it onto the video afterward - essentially this would require you to possibly use a click to create a definite edit point which to synch the audio with the visuals - but again the sound quality should be much better than simply using a built in mic on the camera.

Hope that helps - it'sa bit of trial and error and essentially requires you to get stuck in an experiment :)

M