Why become a member? ×

NPD - Plethora X3

lidl e

Being a one car family, sometimes i have to take public transportation to rehearsal. 

I built a big mostly analog board for my band, and while it spunds great and does everything i need it to do, it's too big to carry with a bus on a bus.

Coupled with the amount of "tapdancing" i was doing i figured i needed a mulit-fx unit to make life easier. 

What really sold me on the plethora is the "bring your own dirt" element. I really prefer analog distortion and am in love with my fuzz pedal.

I will say, the lack of a synth is a killer, but it has everything else in one small package.

I feel like the plethora with my distortion and maybe a C4 would be exactly what i need for a small board that does everything i need it to.

There are a few limitations i will have to work with, but all in all i rhink it is exactly what i was looking for.

I dont know when I'll  be able to give it a good workout, but will report back.

20230606_131911.thumb.jpg.3d4232c1641c3eaae601c3f0ecf78435.jpg

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 2

I have been thinking about this exact setup for quite a while now. I already have the ultrawave and the c4. My thinking is that the ultrawave would be the first and last in line with compressor and limiter and a touch of overdrive and eq. C4 doing all the octaves, filters and synth sounds. X3 after that adding the space, time and modulation to give life to the synths. It also has cab sim and tuner. It seems like the ultimate setup but it strats to get bigger, clunkier and more expensive than a multieffect with similar or bettet functionality...

I might keep the ultrawave and C4 on their own little board and add the X3 only when needed, but I'm afraid I would just end up using it all every gig 😂

• Like 2

Aye. Seems to fit a niche that works for me.

Been so busy this week havent even had a chance to check it out!

I just need to figure out if i can implement midi without adding too much sizewise! I have the midi cintroller for my future impact but the whole setup is pretty big. 

My distortion pedal is already big enough so the C4 would help cut down on size. 

12 hours ago, supertzar said:

I have been thinking about this exact setup for quite a while now. I already have the ultrawave and the c4. My thinking is that the ultrawave would be the first and last in line with compressor and limiter and a touch of overdrive and eq. C4 doing all the octaves, filters and synth sounds. X3 after that adding the space, time and modulation to give life to the synths. It also has cab sim and tuner. It seems like the ultimate setup but it strats to get bigger, clunkier and more expensive than a multieffect with similar or bettet functionality...

I might keep the ultrawave and C4 on their own little board and add the X3 only when needed, but I'm afraid I would just end up using it all every gig 😂

Plethora  + C4 + Ultrawave sounds like a good setup. The problem with other multi fx is they don't tend to have very good filters and synths (certainly not as good as the C4), so even getting something quite high-end like a Helix or Boss GT 1000 would still benefit having a C4, so that option also gets a bigger and more expensive and needs high current power bricks etc.