Why become a member? ×

Cali 76 compressor

pbasspecial

Hi,

I recently bought an OE Super Vintage pedal. I currently use a Seymour Duncan Studio bass compressor (before it) and it works really well. Just wondered if I should ‘upgrade’ and spend roughly an extra £100 on getting the Cali 76 compact bass compressor. I’m really happy with the SD but the thought of the  Cali 76 is rather appealing GAS wise. 
Wondered what your thoughts were and if anyone might have had any experience with them both. Thanks. 

I haven't owned the Seymour but have owned a Cali and it is very good. No matter what people tell you though - there is only one cure for this sort of GAS though and it involves trying a Cali 76 yourself. Personally, I've abused the 30 day return policy of many internet orders and 'bought' stuff I pretty much had no intention on keeping beyond testing/comparing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SumOne said:

I haven't owned the Seymour but have owned a Cali and it is very good. No matter what people tell you though - there is only one cure for this sort of GAS though and it involves trying a Cali 76 yourself. Personally, I've abused the 30 day return policy of many internet orders and 'bought' stuff I pretty much had no intention on keeping beyond testing/comparing them.

Yes that’s a good idea to try it for 30 days. 
I didn’t want to sell the SD first and then find out I preferred it to the Cali (probably unlikely but you never know). 

• Like 1