Why become a member? ×

Unicorn bass

nilorius

9 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

FStoj21.jpg

This Basslab double neck would do. Every single aspect of it utterly captivates me. If I won the lottery the thing I would do would be to commission a replica but with Kent Armstrong pickups. 

Same here, but with parallel necks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me, a fretless Washburn XB500 (5 string). Washburn made about a dozen fretless basses spread across the 4 5 and 6 string range, and all went to Japan. 

Also a factory fretless xb925 (I have only ever seen one for sale, in the USA), and a fretted xb925 (one was for sale in the UK on basschat.co.uk but the neck had been swapped out when it developed a fault).

Edited by bass_dinger
More words

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2023 at 09:59, bass_dinger said:

. . . a fretted xb925  . . . "

Looks like I have found one of my unicorns!  The day before I posted my list, I found two for sale on Facebook.  11 days after, I have a courier date, and just need to pay the fee.  

I am normally quite "meh" about basses - I like the ones I like, and so long as they both work, I have no real interest in anything else (apart from those unicorn basses!).  So, thanks to @nilorius, I spoke what I wanted - and it arrived! 

I am excited.    

44 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

Looks like I have found one of my unicorns!  The day before I posted my list, I found two for sale on Facebook.  11 days after, I have a courier date, and just need to pay the fee.  

I am normally quite "meh" about basses - I like the ones I like, and so long as they both work, I have no real interest in anything else (apart from those unicorn basses!).  So, thanks to @nilorius, I spoke what I wanted - and it arrived! 

I am excited.    

Cheers!!!